ARTIST TRUST BENEFIT ART AUCTION
MARCH 30, 2019
FISHER PAVILION - SEATTLE CENTER
Please read INTRODUCTION, BENEFITS, AND TIMELINE for important details and dates before submitting below.
The Artist Trust Benefit Art Auction is an annual gala fundraiser bringing together artists, community members, collectors, donors, and friends to celebrate Artist Trust's mission of delivering financial grants and business practice support to individual artists of all disciplines in Washington State.
Robust silent and live auctions, featuring work generously donated by artists in Washington and beyond, are a vital part of our largest event of the year. Your generosity helps to ensure a sustainable future for individual artists across Washington State, and we are grateful to every artist willing to support their peers in this way. Learn more about the auction at www.artisttrustauction.org
Submissions for the 2019 Benefit Art Auction are open from August 27 - October 22, 2018.
Artist Trust invites visual and jewelry artists to submit up to three works to be considered for inclusion in the auction. Our aim is to present your best work, and artwork will be juried on the following criteria:
- Quality and originality of the work
- Audience appeal and salability
- Size, for ease of transport and installation (Size limit for 2D work is 48'' x 48'')
- $500 to $4,500 retail value
Artists are welcome to submit works outside these parameters - exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. Due to installation restrictions and depending on media, there may also be weight restrictions. If your work is selected, the jury would pick just one piece for inclusion, regardless of the number of pieces submitted.
2D work must be framed, when appropriate, or otherwise accompanied with the appropriate hanging hardware. We understand and appreciate that framing is an added expense, and encourage artists to include the value of this service in the retail value of the submitted piece. Please bear in mind that accepted work will need to be dropped off at the Artist Trust offices in Seattle between November 2018 and February 2019. Should you want or need to ship your work, Artist Trust is unable to reimburse you for shipping expenses.
Our annual jury consists of accomplished collectors, gallerists, and curators. The 2019 Benefit Art Auction jurors are Phen Huang, Allison Hyde, Mariane Ibrahim-Lenhardt, and Cris Jaffe.
Artist Trust also accepts proposals of Art Experience packages, such as a portrait sitting, a studio tour or dinner, tickets to performances, or a home concert. Contact Kristina Goetz, Director of Development, to discuss your proposal: email@example.com.
BENEFITS FOR DONATING ARTISTS
- For artists donating 100% of the proceeds from their artwork: one complimentary ticket to the auction (includes seated dinner and hosted bar, a $250 value), and the option to purchase a $100 guest ticket
- For artists opting for a 20% commission on the proceeds from their sold artwork: the option to purchase a $50 ticket to the auction (includes seated dinner and hosted bar, a $250 value), and the option to purchase a $100 guest ticket
- Artwork, bio and website highly visible to the auction jury, on the auction website, and to an auction audience of 450 collectors, arts professionals, nonprofit leaders, and artist peers
- Selected works featured in social media, email promotion, and guided curator tour
- Auction orientation and networking workshop/happy hour with Artist Trust staff
- A one-year Artist Trust membership ($45 value), which provides savings on Artist Trust business practice programs and discounts at regional arts businesses and museums:
- Infinite gratitude from Artist Trust’s staff and board and the thousands of artists we serve each year!
- October 22, 2018 | Submission deadline
- Week of November 12, 2018 | Jury meets
- Week of November 19, 2018 | Selection notifications sent to artists
- February 25, 2019 | Drop-off and RSVP deadline
- Week of March 11, 2019 | Networking workshop and happy hour
- March 30, 2019 | Auction
Emily Dennis, Annual Fund & Events Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org | 206/467-8734 x16
Kristina Goetz, Director of Development
email@example.com | 206/467-8734 x21
ABOUT ARTIST TRUST: Artist Trust is a nonprofit dedicated to helping Washington State artists of all disciplines thrive. Since 1986, Artist Trust has invested over $10 million in Washington State artists through grant programs, direct support, professional training and resources. Find out more at www.artisttrust.org.