2018 Arts Innovator Award
Due November 13, 2017 at midnight PST
Funding for the award is generously donated by the Dale and Leslie Chihuly Foundation. Dale recalls receiving grants that supported experimentation early in his career, adding credibility, opening doors, and enabling new connections for him as an artist. Today Dale remembers the importance of this support, and he and Leslie would like to help artists in a similar way.
Who is Eligible
Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older by application deadline;
- Washington State residents at the time of both application and payment (payment will be made February 2018);
- Generative artists (those who are the originators of works of art) with a minimum of five years in professional art practice; and
- Available for finalist interviews on January 18, 2018. Applicants who will not be interviewed as finalists will be notified on January 17, 2018.
Applicants may not be:
- Recipients of more than one AT grant per calendar year;
- Previous recipients of the James W. Ray Distinguished Artist Award or Arts Innovator Award;
- Current graduate or undergraduate matriculated students at the time of both application and payment (payment will be made February 2018);
- Current AT staff, Board of Trustees, honorary committee, consultants, contractors, AIA panelists, or their family.
- Affiliated with Chihuly Studio, Dale and Leslie Chihuly Foundation, Portland Press, or family of Dale or Leslie Chihuly.
- Office Hours, October 3rd 2-5pm @ AT Office or via telephone. One-on-one consultations with AT staff about your application.
- AIA 2018 Webinar, October 4th 12-1pm, online. Get an explanation of the award, hear helpful tips & tricks, and ask questions about AIA. (This webinar will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube).
- Early Review Submission Deadline, October 16th by 11:59pm, via Submittable. Submit a draft of your application and check the box to request feedback. An AT staffer will provide a review of your application and reopen it for editing by November 3rd.
Contact Artist Trust:
- with questions about application requirements, guidelines, eligibility, etc.;
- for any accessibility accommodations needed for you to complete the application;
- if you need to access or edit a submitted application if it is still prior to the deadline of November 13, 2017.
Brian McGuigan // Program Director
Monday–Friday: 9:30am–5:00pm PST
- with website access issues;
- for questions about uploading or formatting images;
- with other technical support needs.
IN ARTISTS WE TRUST
ARTIST TRUST BENEFIT ART AUCTION
FEBRUARY 24, 2018
FISHER PAVILION - SEATTLE CENTER
BENEFITS FOR DONATING ARTISTS
· Visibility of your artwork, bio, and website to the auction audience on the auction website, in the auction catalog, and in-person at the event
· Social media and email promotion for selected works
· Guided curator tour of selected works on auction night
ABOUT ARTIST TRUST
email@example.com | 206/467-8734 x16
Kristina Goetz, Director of Development
firstname.lastname@example.org | 206/467-8734 x21