Deadline: March 9, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST
Artist Trust Fellowship Awards are merit-based awards of $10,000 to practicing professional artists of exceptional talent and ability residing in Washington State. These unrestricted awards are given annually to 8+ artists of any discipline in recognition of artistic excellence and dedication to their practice. The first Fellowship Awards were selected in 1987, making it Artist Trust’s longest-running award program.
Artists of color and artists outside of King County are strongly encouraged to apply. For support with your application, see the Help with Your Application section below.
Before starting your application, please read the 2020 Fellowship Award guidelines.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The 2020 Fellowship Awards are open to artists residing in Washington State working in all disciplines.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
• 18 years of age or older;
• Washington State residents at the time of application and payment;
• Generative individual artists (or artist teams): those who are originators of works of art. (Curators, organizers, and producers are not eligible.)
APPLICANTS MUST NOT BE:
• Fellowship recipients from 2013–2019;
• Previous recipients of two or more Fellowship Awards;
• Previous recipients of the James W. Ray Distinguished Artist or Arts Innovator Awards;
• Recipients of another Artist Trust grant in 2020;
• Graduate or undergraduate matriculated students enrolled in any degree program at the deadline date of March 9, 2020;
• Applying on behalf of a company, nonprofit, organization, community group, ensembles, or collective;
• Current Artist Trust staff, Board of Trustees, honorary committee, consultants, contractors, current Fellowship panelists, or their immediate family.
HELP WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Applying for grants can be hard, and we want to help you. Artist Trust offers the following support services and resources to guide you through the application process:
Office Hours: 20-minute consultations with our staff, provided in-person or by phone, on February 21, February 26, and March 6. Make an appointment at artisttrust.org.
Preliminary Application Review: submit your application through Submittable by February 24 and check the box to request preliminary review. Our staff will review your application and provide feedback by March 4. The application is then opened for editing and must be resubmitted by the final deadline, March 9, 11:59 PM PST.
Webinar: learn about the selection process and get tips for submitting a strong application on February 12, 12 p.m. Register at artisttrust.org.
Reference Guide: review examples of successful applications from previous awardees at artisttrust.org.
Resources: visit artisttrust.org for toolkits, tips, and other information
Contact Us: We are happy to answer questions about your application. Please note: it’s hard for us to answer questions on the day of the deadline. Start your application early and don’t wait to contact us with questions.
CONTACT ARTIST TRUST
Monday–Friday: 9a.m. – 5p.m. PST
• with questions about applications, guidelines, eligibility, support services, and resources;
• if you need to access or edit a submitted application prior to the deadline of March 9, 2020.
Lydia Boss // Program Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org: 206/467-8734 x25
Brian McGuigan // Program Director
email@example.com: 206/467-8734 x23
• with website access issues;
• with questions about uploading or formatting files;
• with other technical support needs.