2018 LaSalle Storyteller Award
Due September 10, 2018 at 11:59PM PST
The LaSalle Storyteller Award is an unrestricted grant of $10,000 given to a Washington State artist engaged in storytelling through their artistic discipline. The 2018 Award will recognize an outstanding literary artist working in fiction.
Artists of color and rural artists are strongly encouraged to apply. See below for support with your application.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
The 2018 LaSalle Storyteller Award is open to fiction writers residing in Washington State.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
• An individual literary artist working in fiction;
• A Washington State resident at the time of application through payment in
• 18 years of age or older by September 10, 2018.
APPLICANTS MAY NOT BE:
• A graduate or undergraduate student enrolled in any degree program at the deadline date of September 10, 2018;
• A previous recipient of the James W. Ray Distinguished Artist, Arts Innovator, or
Gar LaSalle Storyteller Award;
• a recipient of more than one AT grant in a calendar year;
• Current Artist Trust staff, Board members, Committee members, consultants, Storyteller Award panelists, or their immediate family. Family members or current employees of Gar LaSalle.
LASALLE STORYTELLER AWARD SUPPORT OPPORTUNITIES
Applying for grants can be hard, and we want to help you. Here are ways you can get support from our staff as you work on your application:
Preliminary Application Review: submit a draft application through Submittable by August 20, 2018 and request preliminary review. Our staff will review your application and provide detailed feedback by August 31, 2018. The application is then opened for editing and must be resubmitted by the final deadline.
Resources: review the LSA Reference Guide, which includes examples of successful grant applications and other information.
Webinar: join us on August 15 at noon PST for an informational webinar about the award and the application process. Register here.
Contact Us: We’re happy to answer questions about your application. Our contact information is below. Note: our ability to answer questions in the days leading up to the deadline is limited. Please start early and don’t wait to contact us for application support.
Contact Artist Trust:
- with questions about application requirements, guidelines, eligibility, etc.;
- for any accessibility accommodations needed for you to complete the application;
- if you need to access or edit a submitted application if it is still prior to the deadline of September 10, 2018.
Zach Frimmel // Program Coordinator
email@example.com :: 206/467-8734 x20
Katy Hannigan // Program Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org :: 206/467-8734 x25
Brian McGuigan // Program Director
email@example.com ;; 206/467-8734 x23
Monday–Friday: 9:30am–5:00pm PST
- with website access issues;
- for questions about uploading or formatting images;
- with other technical support needs.